Tuesday 1 March 2011

Bright lights turn me clean

So far tears are the only thing that seemse to get through to him. He agreed to ask for more help when I couldn't catch my breath and my chest seared and my eyes stung. He told me not to worry. He told me he'd be there on my wedding day. He told me I was great. He asked me if I thought he'd ever want to leave. He told me to keep talking to him. He told me that no-one said life was fair. He told me he wants to exhume my little brother's body and have him re-buried with my mum. He told me he wants to choose his coffin. He told me my brother's life expectancy is only 35. Tomorrow is my brother's 27th birthday. He held my hand while we watched the oscars.

1. Today the sky is blue and it feels like this cold, hard winter is over.

2. Tomorrow is my brother's birthday and we shall have cake and presents.

3. Tomorrow I go home for a few days for the first time in months and see my love and my friends and sleep in my own bed.

4. It is March today, which is 3 months since dad's diagnosis and already halfway through his expected survival time.

No comments:

Post a Comment